FAQs of The Mouse Detectives
- Is there a fee associated with booking with The Mouse Detectives?
No. When you book your Disney Destinations vacation with us, there is no fee to work with us. The Mouse Detectives are compensated by The Walt Disney Travel Company and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts when we book your Disney Destinations vacation.
- Is it more expensive to book with The Mouse Detectives than it is to book directly through Disney?
No, The Mouse Detectives work in conjunction with Disney, not in competition with Disney. All of our agents are trained through Disney’s College of Knowledge program and are Authorized Disney Vacation Planners. We work along side The Walt Disney Travel Co. and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts to help you plan a magical vacation!
- Can I still register for a My Disney Experience account when I book through The Mouse Detectives?
Yes! In fact, it is highly recommended! Disney provides this great tool to help you stay organized and make the most of your vacation, and we don’t want you to miss out!
- Can I still make my own dining reservations and FastPass+ reservations when I book through The Mouse Detectives?
You can! If you prefer to make your own reservations and plans, you certainly can when you sign up for your My Disney Experience account. Of course, we are still here to help or do it all for you. However you prefer for us to help out, we can do it!
- What happens if a promo comes out after I have already booked with The Mouse Detectives?
This is one of the best parts of booking through us! The Mouse Detectives will monitor your travel dates for any new promos that come out. If a better deal comes out for your travel dates, room type or resort, we will automatically apply it to your existing reservation! If there is no availability for your dates and room type, or your resort is excluded, we will work with you to find an alternate option!
- What are the benefits of booking through The Mouse Detectives?
- We will monitor your reservation for the latest promotions, insuring that you always have the best deal or value for your travel dates.
- We offer concierge level planning services to every family that books through us! We will help you plan everything, from where you would like to stay to where you would like to dine! Want to do something special while you are there? We can also help you plan tours, firework cruises, horseback riding, Dinner Shows…………..The list goes on and on!
- Is there a dining reservation that you would really like, but the restaurant is booked? The Mouse Detectives will check daily for openings for you.
- Text, call or email, your Mouse Detectives agent is here for you! No long hold times, and no talking to someone different every time you call. Speak to the same expert agent every time!
- We offer a convenient payment plan to keep you on track for your upcoming vacation. Just tell us the amount you would like to charge, and which day of the month you would like for us to run it through, and we will schedule a recurring monthly payment for you.
- If your school or non-profit organization is interested in participating, we will make a $25 donation when you book with us! Contact us for details!
- I’ve already booked directly through Disney! Can The Mouse Detectives still help me?
We can! We offer a few different options for those who have already booked directly with Disney.
- If you have booked your Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package in the last 30 days, and it is not paid in full, your reservation can be transferred to The Mouse Detectives. Just fill out the transfer form that we send you, and send it back to us. Nothing will change about your reservation, and you will then have our expert agents available to help you out! Sorry, we cannot do a transfer for a ticket only purchase.
- If it has been more than 30 days since you have booked, you may be able to cancel your package reservation with Disney without penalty and re-book with us. As long as you cancel 31 days or more prior to check in, your deposit with The Walt Disney Travel Co. is fully refundable. But, don’t press the cancel button yet! Let’s make sure that we can first get you the same package for the same price before you do!
- Can’t cancel or rebook? You can still work with us for a fee. Give us a call to discuss your options! (Please note that charitable contributions are not available with this option).
- I’d rather not stay at a Disney owned property? Can The Mouse Detectives help with that? Can The Mouse Detectives book an offsite stay?
The Mouse Detectives work with a number of Walt Disney Good Neighbor® Hotels that can be booked as a Walt Disney Travel Company package. These hotels are located both on and off grounds. If you prefer to book your tickets and hotel separately, we can do that too.
- Can The Mouse Detectives book non-Disney Destinations vacations?
Yes! Our specialty is Disney Destinations, and that is where the vast amount of our knowledge lies, but we are also a full service travel agency. We can book all of the major cruise lines, hotel chains, all-inclusive resorts, tour packages, etc. Charitable contributions are also available for non-Disney Destinations bookings. Contact us for more information!
- How do The Mouse Detectives know which organization to give my donation to?
Just let us know at the time of booking! We will keep track of your organizations donations and send them a check each quarter.
Thanks for choosing to plan your magical vacation with The Mouse Detectives!
* Disney Destinations include Walt Disney World®Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney®, and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olino, Hawai’i
** The Mouse Detectives is a full service travel agency, and can also book all major cruise lines, hotel chains, all-inclusives, tour packages, etc. Charitable contributions are also available for non-Disney Destinations bookings. Please contact us for details.
***The Mouse Detectives is an independent travel agency that specializes in planning vacations to Disney Destinations. No member of this organization is an employee of The Walt Disney Company or any of its related, affiliated, or subsidiary companies.